I love to cook and bake. But I also like making my life easier any way I can. Here are a few kitchen gadgets that I enjoy using and that help me out in the kitchen on a daily basis.
- Pizza Cutter Wheel – This is by far the best pizza cutter I’ve ever used and it costs less then $12. You can’t beat that. It’s round so it takes up less space in your cabinet and it comes apart easily for cleaning. This is a must have for every kitchen!
- Chopper – This is the kitchen gadget that you don’t know you need until you have one. I used to have a slap chopper. I thought that was all I needed. Then a friend gifted me one of these electric choppers. I use this thing multiple times a week. It’s so much easier to chop an onion, veggies, or whatever with this thing. I also use it to make my son’s pureed baby food. It’s easier to use this little chopper then getting out the blender or food processor.
- Spritzer – Having cooking spray around the house is always nice and convenient. But do you really know what’s in that cooking spray? I love this thing because I know what’s in it (because I put it in there). I fill mine with olive oil. Over time this thing pays for itself 10 times over too because a little olive oil is cheaper then buying bottle of the cooking spray.
- Spice Rack – This spice rack will keep your counters and cabinets tidy while keeping all your ingredients easily accessible. This spice rack also looks like it was made for my cabinets as the wood matches.
- Air Popcorn Popper – This thing makes the best popcorn. There is never a burnt piece in the batch and it’s so much healthier then the microwave popcorn.
- Refillable Foaming Hand Soap – I love foaming hand soap. But the cost can add up. So if you want cut costs and still use the fancy soap just refill your old containers or if you want to make it look a little classier you can purchase some glass foaming hand soap dispensers.
- Collapsible Colander – This colander is the best! I love that it can sit on top of my sink and then it collapses when I put it in the dishwasher and for storing it. It’s so much easier to clean then the standard stiff plastic or metal strainer. This product is also great for cleaning produce.
- Metal Straws – Once you try a metal straw you will never go back to the plastic ones. They are cold and keep your drink cold and they taste better then the plastic. They are also more environmentally friendly and you never run out.
- Ice Tea Maker – If I had to pick only one kitchen appliance to keep it would be this! I drink a pitcher of iced tea every day! I’ve tried a number of different ice tea makers and this one is by far my favorite.
- Electric Herb Garden – Well, I’m not really sure if you can consider this a kitchen appliance or not. However, we keep ours in our kitchen and we love it! You can grow anything you want in this thing at any time of the year. It’s great for herbs. When you’re cooking all you need to do is cut from your fresh herb garden.
- Rabbit Wine Opener – If you are a wine drinker this is a must have! It makes drinking wine- and opening it- so simple.
- Kitchen Aid Mixer – This is a must have for anyone who likes to bake. It makes mixing anything easier and fun! I enjoy baking with my son who likes to watch everything go into the mixer and then watch is all mix together. So fun!
- Pineapple Corer – Buying sliced pineapple is so much more expensive then buying it whole. But it’s such a pain to cut. But with this gadget that costs less then $10 you can cut your own easily! Fresh pineapple, yes please!!
- Waffle Maker – Who doesn’t love a fresh warm waffle on Saturday morning?! I make waffles over the weekend for my little guy to last throughout the week and he loves it. This specific waffle maker is great it eliminates most of the waffle making mess!
- Silicone Baking Mat – I LOVE to bake. But I hate to clean. These ingenious mats help with both. You don’t have to worry about running out of parchment paper and you always have cookies that don’t stick the the pan. These mats also work well for easy cleanup when cooking too. They aren’t just for baking.
Are there any kitchen gadgets that you love to use? Leave a comment below and let me know!