Just about every time we visit my mother-in-law for dinner we can count on her to make her famous Quick Macaroni and Cheese. Before trying this dish I thought good macaroni only came from a box of Craft Macaroni and Cheese. Boy was I wrong! I’m telling you, this recipe is just as easy as Craft Macaroni and it’s so much better!
This is a great dish if you are hosting a party or bringing a dish to a party. This macaroni is baked so you can prep it ahead of time and put it in the oven 55 minutes before dinner is served. If you are bringing it to a party then pop it into the oven 55 minutes before you want to leave. Put your glass dish into a warming sleeve and it should keep for a good long while in there.
If you are feeding a small (2-4 people) family, this is a great dish as a main course. If you are feeding a large group it makes a fantastic side dish (think Thanksgiving or a Super Bowl party).
- 2 Cups Uncooked Macaroni Noodles
- 16 oz carton cottage cheese
- 2 Cups Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 2 1/4 Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil Water.
- Add all ingredients into oven proof banking dish. I use a glass 9x13 dish and stir. If you are afraid of making a mess you can mix in a bowl first, but I prefer to keep less dirty dishes if possible.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir.
- Cover with foil and let stand for for 10 minutes.
- Stir again and serve. Enjoy!
I really like to use the Pyrex 3 quart glass baking dish for this dish. Then if I'm traveling with this dish to a party I can just pop it into Pyrex Portables bag.